Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting Ready for the Hilly Hundred

Rob, Mitchell, Bill and I signed up to ride the Summer Breeze group ride held this morning starting at Longview Community College. We all did the short ride of 45 miles which, due to all the hills in the last 5 miles, was plenty. BTW, by the time it was all over we actually rode just short of 50 miles.

What a great time! If I had to ride not knowing anyone it would have been a great ride, but having my MRC buds along just enhanced the experience and elevated the fun part. Sorry I can't say that about some of the conversation. This ride was well worth the $30.00 investment and I would recommend it to any cyclist that hasn't experienced the Summer Breeze put on and hosted by the Kansas City Bike Club.

I'm in agreement with Bill that we should sign up of more of these kinds of rides!......Mike

No comments: