Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ride images

Here's a map of the route we took today in the Summer Breeze ride. From the standpoint of aesthetics, I'd have to say the stretch from Grandview south to the first aid station at the 14 mile mark was the best part of the ride. The whole ride was great, though. The map shows a ride of 46.98 miles, but we rode .99 mile after our lunch to get back to the car, giving us 47.97 for the day. We averaged 13.4 mph overall. The fastest mile on my GPS was mile 44 - 21.5 mph. The slowest was 6.9 mph in mile 33 (what were we doing there?).

Representing the Men's "Riding" Club were Rob, Bill, Mitchell and Mike. This photo was taken in low light with a phone just before the ride began.
-- Rob

2 comments:

Mike said...

Rob,

Something is surely amiss with regards to mile 33! I was going to check my recordings against yours, but remembered that I started my watch late and my mile 33 would not match up with your mile 33. I would have to add another 2.2-2.4 miles on my watch making that same mile around mile 35 and some change. I show mile 34 on my watch as the slowest mile at 5:12. My watch is always set on running so I don't know what the mph would be, but 6.9 mph is over an 11:00 minute running pace. That mile would just about have to be all uphill for us to be riding that slow. Oh well, we still had a good time, just not in mile 33!

Rob said...

Looking at the elevation map, mile 33 was an uphill grade the whole way. We climbed about 100 feet in that mile, and I guess we were just crawling.