Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So Far, So Good!

Not sure how the knee was going to respond to even a short run today after Sundays workout on the bike. My on the fly schedule, called for a 4 mile recovery run, but I just walked a half mile and ran a slow 3.4 miles at around an eleven minute pace. No problem with the knee and I felt just fine. Tomorrow calls for a 9 miler and I'm going to try to adhere to the schedule. However, Saturday calls for a 16 miler and, at this point, is out of the question. Probably drop it down to a 12 miler. My plan is to try and stay healthy and get in one 20 miler about 3 weeks before Dallas. That will pretty much give me an 85% chance of finishing the race, although I won't be racing. I'm really thinking I can finish this event, if the knee hold up, around 4:30 or so. As slow as that is, I would be perfectly thrilled with just being able to finish.......Mike

No comments: