Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hard Thirty!

Since I missed my 30 mile ride yesterday, and only got in 11 miles, I headed out the door to give it a go today. Got started late, due to having the grandsons overnight, and was concerned about the heat. Even though I didn't get started until around 12:30, after church, it was not as bad as I thought. Matter of fact there was a slight breeze that hit me in the chest all the way out and since I was sweating a little it became a nice cooling affect. After my turnaround, the breeze seemed to come from the side, which helped me maintain my cool. Heat was never a factor!

Even though Rob and I rode 30 miles last week, this ride was tougher! The route I took had several long gradual uphills which I had to grind out. I could have gone to a lower gear, but decided I needed the workout. Quads are a little touchy right now, but the knee feels great!

Really looking forward to our group ride on the 28th. This will be our mini-Hilly Hundred with Bill, since he can't make it this year...........Mike

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mike,

Great job on your 30 miler Sunday! Next time we're together, I can show you how to quickly fit a flat on a bicycle tire. I got really good at it during my ride across America (5 flats if I remember correctly...1 per every 800 miles).

Bill