Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Low mileage

Mercury was headed up to 97 today, so I got up early for my run. I was on my way by 5:45, walking a quarter mile before breaking into a jog and ramping up from there. It was about 71 and humid at the time.
After a first mile at 9:59, I ran 9:06, 8:47, and 8:36. The last .3 was done at an 8:16 pace. With those times, the run qualified as a tempo run.
This week is a low mileage week on my marathon training schedule, so there's just one more 4 mile run before a 10-12 mile long run on the weekend. -- Rob

1 comment:

Bill said...

Rob -- great run! I made the mistake of running after work yesterday. It was low 90's and very humid. Had to walk a good deal of the 3.5 mile trail route due to the humidity. Got up and ran this morning -- much better. I'm going to start running more morning runs now....can't afford the slow evening run/walks in the heat. -- Bill