Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Very UnImpressive Week (except for MRC on Monday!)

After my week of cross-training last week due to the groin injury (now recovered), I was looking for a decent return to running week. I enjoyed our slow 3 miler in the 101 heat on Monday with Rob and Carl. Tuesday, I did a 4 miler inside at 10:50s. Crossed trained ellipical on Wednesday and caught a early evening 5.4 miler outside at 10:50's on Thursday. Took yesterday off for the Royals game, which was fun but we had a very long return due to road work. Didn't get to bed until 12:45 am. So today, I didn't get out till 9am. I ran into the humidity Rob reported and only made it 6.4 miles into my planned 9-10 miler before starting some serious walk breaks. Ended up with a 9.1 mile workout that included 2 miles of walking...on a flat trail under shade for goodness sake!

I'm hoping for better mileage and pacing next week! It looks like our days of 100+ are finally behind us. -- Bill

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did 3 miles on Monday, too. Hot, but I had my hydration pack.