Sunday, August 21, 2011

Life's Little Surprises!

What a change from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning! On Friday morning I was not able to go to Dallas due to a work obligation, wasn't able to run anyway due to the knee problem and I was pretty down about the whole situation. However, as of Friday afternoon, my work obligation has been postponed to March of 2012 and it looks like I may be able to get through the Dallas White Rock Marathon after all.

It may be too early to tell, but this morning I felt so good, after my little 3.5 miler, that I'm 85% confident that I can finish that race!!

This past week I've ridden 110 miles on the bike and I've really been pushing the hills. My knee just hasn't been an issue at all and the cycling cross training has been advantageous to state the least.

This morning my goal was to walk a mile run two miles and walk a mile. I walked a half mile and, since my knee hadn't been giving me any problems lately, I decided to run the next mile slowly. My first full mile was 11:41, I felt good and picked it up a little and finished mile two in 9:49. I was feeling just super, so I decide to push mile three to a point where I was comfortable but cruising. Finished mile three, with hills, in 8:45! Now I know that's not fast, but it's the fastest mile I've ran after a few months of non-running, but just biking.

Really feeling good about the Dallas trip especially since I received a reduced rate for being a senior citizen! I had a confirmation number and a rate of $104.30 per night, but after my call this morning I received a rate of $76.30 per night! Life is good!............Mike


No comments: