Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Turning Point? Maybe!

If I finish Dallas White Rock in a decent time, between 4:15 and 4:45, or if I finish at all, I would have to look back to today's run as the possible turning point.

Left the house at 5:40 AM in order to get a 9 miler in before it got too hot. Ran from the house to 64th street and west on 64th on the Platte County trail, which is pretty hilly. Ran to 9 highway and north to my 4.5 mile turn around point. Walked the first half mile and 10-15 seconds at the end of each mile in order to get some Gatorade in me. Began mile one at a very slow warm up pace of 13:22. Subsequent miles were: 12:31, 11:29, 11:01, 10:13, 9:17, 10:16, 9:44, and 10:52. Walk the additional half mile back home. A ten mile workout with nine miles of running. Total time of 1:38:04 with an average of 10:58 per mile. I'll take it!

The best part? NO KNEE DISCOMFORT AT ALL!!!! Hips started to ache a little bit in mile nine, but I slowed in order to ease the pain a little.

Saturday will be a twelve miler at a slow pace. If I can keep building the mileage, I should be okay at Dallas. Either way, it will be a fun time with the guys...........Mike

No comments: