Friday, September 9, 2011

Amen on the Beauty of Last Night's Run

I have to weigh in and agree with Rob on what a beautiful evening it was for a run yesterday. After Tuesday's most successful run -- although our splits were pretty even, the run back uphill was a very solid effort for me that I enjoyed -- I plodded through a minimum 3-mile run in the late evening Wed. Yesterday was a planned 6-7 hill run and when I realized Lucy had a special cornish hen dinner going after work, I had enough time for 6 miles on the farm roads by our house. This course always kicks my butt -- the start is slightly uphill and leaves me breathless and there are several long hills I just crawl up. My outbound was slow starting and averaged 11:27, but I sped up significantly for the last mile for a 11:12's average return. Overall average was 11:20's but I felt good about pushing the last mile hard. The run was gorgeous in the low sun washed rich colors (Mike, I am NOT gay -- that's just the best way to describe the early evening colors). Afterwards, the cornish hen and white wine topped it all off (OK, that IS kind of gay...). --Bill

1 comment:

Mike said...

A gorgeous low sun awash in evening colors followed by cornish hen and white wine. Of course, your not GAY! However, I would have described it as: Nice sunset, had some fried chicken and a Budweiser! I see no difference!