Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Refreshed

For the first time in what seems like forever I felt completely rested and fresh for my run this morning. Friday's long run had been a chore, especially the second half, and Sunday's short recovery run seemed like a bit of an effort. Most of my runs in the past several weeks have not been on what I would call fresh legs.
After a day off, I was out early Tuesday morning for 7 miles, and I felt good right from the start. I'm sure a day's rest had something to do with it, but I've had plenty of days off since training began. Maybe it was that beer I had with Mike Monday evening.
In any event, I did 7.1 miles in 1:02:58, an 8:53 average, and it felt very good all the way. Maybe I finally am getting into shape, although I feel like I have a long way to go. I really need to feel good about a long run before I'll feel like I have a decent marathon in me. There's still plenty of time for that. -- Rob

1 comment:

Mike said...

Keep strokin' Robbie! You'll do fine in Dallas. I hope to just be in good enough shape to finish within the time limit. I really need to finish that race. I can suffer later!!