Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Short Speed Workout!

My schedule called for a 1-4-1 today, but I wasn't sure I wanted to test myself this early with the knee, so I did a mile and a half warm up, the two mile goal pace, and a mile and half cool down.
Really wasn't sure what my goal pace shoud be, but since my goal is to run a 4:30 in Dallas I suppose that would make my goal pace mile around a 9:30 pace. That just sounded slow to me for only a two mile effort so I just ran to a point where I was making a hard effort without breathing super hard. The splits turned out to be 8:37 and 7:59 for an 8:18 pace for the two miles. Not sure I could hold that for two more miles right now, but another month may make a difference. All I know for sure is that I've come a lot further than I thought I could after the knee surgery.

Dallas isn't going to be a cake walk, but I don't believe finishing will be a problem..........Mike

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mike,

Those splits are fabulous! FYI -- I'm aiming for 10:00 pace miles in this month, 9:30's in Oct., and 9:00's in November during my goal pace miles. Your splits speak loudly on your underlieing conditioning and base you're building for Dallas! --Bill