Thursday, September 29, 2011

Out early

Got out early again this morning for my run. Work is keeping me at the office late each night, so morning is the only time I know I can run. It's dark, but the weather has been superb, and once I get out there it feels good.
This morning it was 6.2 miles. I opened with a 10:10 mile, then improved my pace each mile so that by the end I averaged 9:11 overall. The thing I've noticed this week is that I seem to have crossed some kind of leg strength threshhold. The climbs up the hills out of the neighborhood are much easier now than they were just two weeks ago. Not sure what happened, but it's definitely a positive sign.
The next thing I need to shoot for is a good, strong long run - an 18 to 20 mile run where I still feel pretty strong at the end. Once I can do that I'll feel like I'm ready to run a marathon. -- Rob

No comments: