Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Maybe Good News!

Well, I returned from the orthopaedic surgeon this morning with what I hope is good news. I was sure that I had a new meniscus tear or some cartilage damage. However, he said what I wanted to hear and hope he's correct! He twisted my knee every direction and pressed it here and there. I didn't feel any pain during this procedure.

The doc said I just over did it (38 running miles and 24 miles on the bike in a 6 day period) and there was a lot of inflamation in there. He gave me a Cortizone injection and said I could resume my training in two days. I just hope he's right with the diagnosis! If so, my goal will now be to just finish Dallas and not worry about the time. I'll just go out and have a great time talking with other runners and look for first timers to congratulate them. Should be fun!......Mike

No comments: