Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Easy Day!

After Monday's 15 miler, I was sure I needed to rest yesterday, but wasn't sure what to do today. I'm still a little uncertain as to how to approach my training for Dallas. I'm trying to adhere to my 1998 Marine Corps Marathon schedule, which would have been my first marathon with Runners Edge, but don't want to up the mileage to soon and crash. On the other hand, I need to be sure to get in enough, and the right kind of mileage, in order to complete the race. So, I just did and easy four and will jump up to 8 or 9 tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure, at this point that I can finish Dallas, but I sure don't want to run it in over 5 hours! I'll know more in a month as to what I'm capable of depending on how my training is going. I also need to keep in mind that the Hilly Hundred is coming up in four weeks, so I need to get the biking mileage up as well. Not sure I want to train for two events at the same time anymore, but I also don't think there's a down side to it. Any thoughts on that?...........Mike

1 comment:

Bill said...

You need to worry less and admire sunsets and flowers more! --Bill