Monday, September 12, 2011

Better and Better!

I wanted to run 14 miles this morning and began with a quarter mile walk then turned on the Garmin. First mile was 13:50, mile two was 12:06, mile three was 10:51 and I couldn't tell you what mile four was because my Garmin battery went kaput somewhere between mile three and four! I was sure it was charged up and this is the second time that has happened. Might be time for a new battery or some kind of repair.

Fortunately, I remember all my BG (Before Garmin) mile markers from years past so I knew exactly where mile four through six was. I never had marked a mile seven so I had no reference. However, I ran, what I thought was a little more than another mile and retraced my route back to the house. It turned out to be a 7.5 mile one way trip, according to my odometer, so I got in a 15 miler.

If I were to just guess what my splits were I would say I averaged in the tens overall with 3 or four miles in the mid nines with a solid finish in the last two miles

To commemorate Bill's coming out of the closet (kind of) with his description of the sunsets and partaking of Cornish Hen and white wine, I enjoyed the Cornish Hen in a souffle and followed that up with watching Mamma Mia and Steel Magnolias! Now top that for a gay evening of entertainment, not that there's anything wrong with that!........Mike

2 comments:

Bill said...

Fabulous run, Mike! Well executed, smart run!
--Bill

Bill said...

I forgot to add: I cried like a baby watching Steel Magnolias. So glad to learn you liked it also!

Bill