Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In the mountains

Finally got out for a run in the mountains this morning. temp was 37, but it was clear and calm. We've done a lot of hiking up here, but I wasn't prepared fully for the effects of altitude.  I had to keep my pace well under control to keep my legs moving. I was breathing heavy, especially on the uphills.  I did 4.13 miles in just over 40 min., and walked briefly every half mile in the laast two miles to get my breathing under control. Great fun and beautiful vistas. I have a picture, but I can't seem to attach it with my phone. -- Rob

3 comments:

Bill said...

Rob -- you on a work trip or vacation this week? Sounds like fun! --Bill

Mike said...

That's one of the fun parts of a vacation if you're a runner! You get to run in different places and see different scenery. Must really be beautiful where you are.

You should have done some blood doping before you left!

rob said...

Technically this is vacation, but I've been putting in work time, too. Way busy. I never should have left. Oh well, tough.