Monday, September 5, 2011

Another Surprise!

Well, after the fall out of my desk chair and twisting my knee underneath me, I wasn't sure how this run was going to go. I wanted to get in a 12 miler to put myself on some kind of increasing long distance run once a week. I ran nine last week and wanted to get in a 12 miler even though it would be slow.

Although it was slow going, I got in my 12 miler. The knee was never an issue, but the hips flared up a couple of times. I stretched them out around the 5 mile mark and was able to continue.

It was just a great morning for a run and the only thing that kept it from being a 100% positive experience was a dumb ass cyclist who passed me on a narrow sidewalk and didn't yell, "On your left!" Scared the crap out of me and I yelled at him asking him why he didn't yell the ethical rule of the road. Yep, I was exhibiting the old running rage! The butthead just turned his head and looked at me. It was just too close!!

Splits for today are: 12:45, 12:08, 11:41, 11:39, 11:28, 11:19, 10:01, 10:24, 10:45, 10:08, 9:59 and 9:40. Total time was 2:11:50 averaging 10:59 with a max of 7:51.

It's starting to shape up nicely for Dallas!................Mike

2 comments:

Bill said...

Mike,

You amaze me how you speed up at the end of every run! That is a great discipline. This was a great run! Welcome back!

Bill

PS -- yes, I did see your 'breaking wind' comment. Hell, at those speeds, I'd put up with anything!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are back running.