Saturday, October 8, 2011

20

OK, finally I have finally managed a long run properly, and the result is that I finished in good shape. And this one was 20.3 miles, my longest by 2.3 miles so far this training period.
I didn't quite follow my plan of 3 miles at 11, then 3 miles at 10, but I did start with one mile at 11 and then hung around the 10 mark a lot of the time. I had a few miles around the 9:35 mark, but I was pretty consistent all the way.

I did this by parking the truck in a central location (Tiffany Springs shopping center) and then running out and back in various directions. I used the truck as a energy station - someplace where I could stop to fill up my hydration bottles and pop in a few Shot Bloks for quick calories. That, and a reasonable pace, contributed to a good run. I felt better after this one than after either of my previous 18-milers. Things are looking up.
My time was 3:21:49, for an average pace of 9:57.
Just for the record, my right foot is a little sore and stiff, but I think that will go away in a couple of days. It doesn't seem serious at all. -- Rob

2 comments:

Mike said...

You're in great shape for Dallas, Rob! Keep up the good work! Two great experiences coming up. Looking forward to both!

Bill said...

Rob -- great run; well done! The Hilly Hundred will be a perfect off week and will recharge your batteries! Enjoy the weekened trip!
Bill