Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another Nice Surprise.

Well, I got my nine miler in today, albeit slow. Lots of hills, don't remember the last time I had to deal with hills. Yeah, right! Anyway, I took my time and had to really discipline myself on slowing down. I felt way too good for someone just coming off a 100 mile weekend bike ride and running a four miler yesterday.

I kept looking at my watch to be sure I wasn't going too fast since I just wanted to get in the mileage. I walked a full minute at the beginning of each mile split and still average in the high tens for the 9 miles. The best part, of course, was I still haven't had a knee issue.

I plan to run a 12-15 miler on Sunday and work to increase the mileage from there. I only have 6 weeks to prepare to at least finish Dallas....Mike

2 comments:

Bill said...

Great job! Hills are you!!!! -- Bill

Rob said...

Nice run Mike. Go easy on that knee and I bet it will do just fine.