Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Longer Bike Ride, Finally!

What a great day for a ride! I drove to Smithville and rode out and back on the Bone Bender and Smokin Davey Trail, returned to my car, then rode the other direction on the Anita Gorman and Cabin Fever Trail. I ended up riding just short of 40 miles. Kept the bike in 3.4 to get a workout for the legs.

The only problem were the nuts on the trail. The Walnuts I could see and dodge, but those damn little acorns were like marbles and the acorn caps, that became separated from the main nuts, were extremely nerve racking!!! The popping and crunching were unavoidable due to being covered with leaves. I was sure I would end up with a flat and have to walk back to the car. A lot of crushed nuts were left on the trail not to mention the ones in my bike shorts. Good thing I don't use them much!

Weather was just beautiful with the exception of the wind. The gusts coming off the lake were very strong and most of the time it seemed like I was riding into it. Why is that? Every time I ride into the wind and turn around I'm still heading into the wind! Strange!............Mike

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mike -- you're BACK!!! Great workout! 40 miles by yourself is very impressive.
Bill