Thursday, October 27, 2011

Easy 6

I let details of life derail me from running Monday and Tuesday so Wednesday was my first day out this week.  The plan called for 6-7 miles with 4 miles at pace.  I did 6 miles with 4 at 10:30 -- just didn't feel like running much, and didn't push the 10:00 pace I should have held.  Nonetheless, by the end of the 6 miles I was back on track feeling like a runner.  Funny how that works.  Today is a lunch time intervel workout, then an easy recovery jog tomorrow before Saturday's long run.  --Bill

4 comments:

Mike said...

Bill,

I've experienced the same thing with not feeling likt running on certain days. I think that's just bio-rhythms or something like that, or in my case lately, injury problems.

Note: With Dallas a month away, you don't need much dicipline to get motivated.

Bill said...

Agree with the motivation. I think a training schedule helps -- on my own I would have just run an easy 3 or 4 miles. I had to do 6 to stay on track and surprisingly by the end of the 6 I was feeling more like running. Short of an injury holding me back, the entire key right now is to run the schedule!

Mike said...

At least you HAVE a schedule! I'm pretty much playing it by ear every day. Going to do a 20 mile bike ride today and run 10 tomorrow. I plan to get my 20 miler in next weekend. If it goes well, I'll be set for Dallas!

Bill said...

I really like how you are mixing in the bike rides -- great plan!