Monday, October 3, 2011

I Really Need to Go Long

Last week was a bit of a recovery week since my legs were very, very sore after my 16 mile hilly run 2 Saturdays ago.  I logged runs of 3.0-5.4 miles over Monday-Thursday with only Tuesday's 5.4 miles at 10:11's feeling OK.  By Saturday however, I was recovered and ran 17 of my planned 18 mile run for a total 34 mile week.  I had to stop short when I screwed up and got started later than I'd planned, then had to cut the run at 17 miles to get to a marching band competition Katie was in.  My Saturday run like last week's 16 miler was strong for just under 13 miles, averaging 10:15's very steady pace.  But like a week ago, I slowed down to 11:20's for the last 4 miles which doesn't speak well for where I should be right now.  My plan is to stick to the training schedule which has 3 runs of 20, 22, and 22 before Dallas.  It will be essential to hit these as I'm down to only three really long runs going into Dallas.  No room for error anymore!  -- Bill

No comments: