Tuesday, October 11, 2011

7 good miles

I felt surprisingly good after running 20 on Saturday, standing on a concrete floor selling bloody marys for 8 hours Sunday, and taking Monday off. I started off at a comfortable pace and tried to maintain that effort throughout. I gradually increased my speed as I loosened up.
After a 9:33 first mile, I went 9:01, 9:03, 8:52, 8:40, 8:48, and 8:53. That's an 8:59 average, and like I mentioned, it was comfortable.
This is a low mileage week in which I am scheduled for only 20 miles total. I don't know if I will get them all in, what with my schedule starting Thursday, but it probably doesn't matter. A little extra rest is always helpful. -- Rob

2 comments:

Mike said...

ONLY A TRUE MARATHONER WOULD CALL A 100 MILE BIKE RIDE A REST WEEK!

Bill said...

Rob -- great run! You are going to enjoy the Hilly Hundred. Make sure you guys take time to eat and enjoy each rest stop. Also -- have breakfast at the ride each day with the riders. Lots of fun! --Bill