Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Great morning run in Nebraska

I was in Grand Island Nebraska for a meeting at the city's power plant. But I had time for a great run in the cool morning. I ran from the hotel through some quiet streets in the neighborhood. Not too fast, I averaged 10:36. But looking back, I don't ever remember checking my pace. I was just running without any agenda or goal. It's good to have goals, but an occasional run just for the sake of running is excellent.

Two more things:
1. Most of the streets were concrete.
2. It was flat. Garmin says the elevation gain was 8 ft.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/119431336

2 comments:

Mike said...

Mitchell,

On my long runs I used ti just run on the clock. I'd venture into neighborhoods that I haven't ran in before and just take different roads or streets. I'd know my long day pace and if I had to run 10 miles at an average 10:00 mile pace, I'd run out for 50 minutes and then retrace my route. The run always seemed to go by faster that way.

See you in a week. We're going to have a great time together!

Bill said...

Mitchell,

You are definitely on your game! I really enjoy running during my business trips, but don't always get up and do it. Well done.

I had to laugh -- my Wed.run was exactly like yours. Local run in the streets around my office not paying any attention to time. Easy 3.3 miles at 10:34's. --Bill