Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nice night for a run

Got out for the third day in a row tonight, so now I can have an off day before my long run on Saturday. That's only 12 miles, so it's not a big deal, but I like to have a day of rest before anything of any length.
The sky was clear tonight, and I got going a little earlier than usual, so I had almost two miles with at least some daylight. There was a slight breeze and it was a couple degrees over 50, which is warmer than the last few nights. Nice conditions for a run.
I wasn't sure what kind of run this would be when I took off. I decided I didn't want to climb any hills to start things off, so I walked until they were all behind me. I did 6 miles, but in terms of how it developed it was almost identical to Tuesday night's 7-miler. I started with 9:32, then 9:13 and worked my way down to 8:34 for my last mile on the way to an average of 9:00.
I felt better than I did for my 4 mile run Wednesday night, probably because I didn't start the run with any hills. -- Rob

1 comment:

Bill said...

Rob -- you have really locked in a whole new level of running. 9:30 starts and 8:30 finishes are your new norms -- well done! It's nice to be able to knock out 7 mile runs like this at will, don't you think? --Bill